Our house, in the middle of our street
| Psychedelic sister! |
This week we said goodbye to her paci. I'm in shock! Daddy was away for a few nights and he was very surprised to hear we are living life sans paci these days!
It started last Thursday when Violet and I were at the library for our Mother's Circle class, Caden was at pre-school and as I left the class Violet was really tired so I popped her paci in and a woman said 'Oh you guys still have the paci too? We're trying to wean him off it but he's not having any of it!' It occurred to me on the way home that she probably didn't even need it, I was just in the habit of giving it to her when she was tired. That night she went to sleep without it, no problem, and the same for her nap the next day. We had a temporary glitch when she woke up with a paci in her mouth that seemed to come from nowhere! After its removal she has since been totally paci-free and doesn't even seem to miss them. Probably helps that she is not talking in sentences yet or she could she might tell you something different, hehe! Seriously though, I did test it out a couple of months ago and she cried while making exaggerated sucking noises, so this time I know she truly doesn't need them.
Go Violet! What a big girl!
*****
We have a new member of the family by the name of Acura MDX.
| Little girl, big car. |
*****
I really love this charming little house of ours...
And it has a 'V' tree!
| Peekaboo! |
| A wonder whats over here? |
*****
My poor little boy is sick. He was napping during our outdoor exploration above. I hate it when either of my babies are sick. He just had a cold which quickly turned into a cough, which went right to his chest and he now has a slight fever on top of it all. If he's not a little brighter again tomorrow we will visit Caden's favourite place (hmmm), the doctor's office. He seemed to feel a little better as the day went on today but it also seems worse at night again. However he is not one for medicine, so after a hard day battling with administering Tylenol doses, I gave him a choice, to either drink it from the cup himself or I will have to make him. I was soooo proud tonight when he brought the little cup to his lips and begrudgingly finished it. He just likes to be in control, and to know that I mean business!
Let hope he'll be feeling a lot better in the morning...
*****
Yesterday Caden and I had a little tea party with his favourite animals, and Violet joined us when she woke up. When Daddy came home last night he was all excited to tell him all about it "Daddy, me and my animals all had a tea party and we had REAL TEA which was really water that Mama put in the teapot and theeeen, Violet split hot tea all over the floor!"
He was also very excited that Daddy got him 'two prizes from England', I don't know what made him think Mike went to England but I guess that is his only explanation of where he could possibly have gone. He insisted, 'Yeah, you DID go to England! And last time you went there you bought me a seagull with Grandad. From England!" He actually bought the 'eagle' from another conference.
| More tea Vicar? |
| Tea parties are more fun without pants it seems! |
Well thats the update, good night all!
P.S It's the next day and Caden seems sooooo much better :)
Comments
Wish I could have come to the tea party.
Very proud of my Nephew for making the choice to have his medicine like a big boy. Good job Caden - you made me very proud! Get well soon. The medicine will help.
Violet is growing up fast and I really can wait to see her and Caden again. I want to have tea parties too with them!
Lots of love and hugs
Auntie Jem
xxxx