March: In like a Lion...

I have always wanted a 'Book Nook' for my kids and love that Caden calls it that!

When their books are on display right in their room, they want to 'read' even more.

First 'Baby Animals', next 'The Kite Runner'??

Caden's current favourite book is his Dinosaur book (thanks Auntie Jem).
Violet doesn't have a favourite yet, they all taste good!


Lazy Monday morning.

Violet's sleeping 'nook.'

Violet likes to pull hair, even the Lion's.

Caden checks out the loud rain.

Watching 'Kitchen Boss'

Grandma and Papa introduced us to Buddy the Chef and Caden is hooked. He caught the last ten minutes of this episode today without blinking and had me rewind it back 3 times. He then ran to the fridge and began bringing select items to his table (yes, I let him walk around with a dozen eggs)! I asked him what he was doing and he said "I makin' a movie, like Buddy".

Yes, he is making a signature dish with...vegetable hummus, yogurt, lime juice ("A lemon"), a can of cherry cake frosting (which he called "Parmesan," Italian accent and all), a dozen eggs and diced peaches and pears. Want some?

Today we played Pet Store's with the contents of Violet's toy box of the animal kind. He called himself  "Pet Man" and I was 'Big Lady" ("Do you have any yellow animals with long necks, pet man?" "Er, yes big lady, how about a giraffe?")
Both Violet's dress and my new throw pillows felt like a breath of fresh spring air in my living room today! Home Goods makes me happy.

And not forgetting my new 'birdies on sticks' above the fireplace...
Spring is in the air, at least inside the house at least!

Comments

Auntie Jem said…
I want to play Pet Man and Big Lady! But I want to be little lady not big! haha! Violet looks beautiful in her spring dress and I love the birds of sticks. Love the little yellow bird more!
I love the lids book nook. I think books are important for kids and I have such good memories of the book we used to read as kids. Send me an email if there is any they haven't got. Good for present ideas!

Love yers!

Jem

x

Popular Posts