Kidisms
Violet in the middle of the (December) night, "Mommy! Mommy! MOMMY!!!!"
Me jumping up out of bed, and panicking at how urgent she sounded, "What's wrong? What's wrong?!!!!"
"Can we go to the beach on Saturday?"
"Yes sure honey, go back to sleep..."
Caden, "I don't know how to do shoe."
Me, "What do you mean 'do shoe".
"All the kids say rock, paper, scissors, and shoe and I don't know how to do that one."
"I think they are saying and 'shoot' as in show me whatcha got."
"Oh."
Violet, "Mommy, can we buy the Hairy Potter movie?"
Caden as we set up the nativity, "Wow, so the people there got to see the baby Jesus, like the real baby Jesus? Wow, that would be amazing to see because he was very special. And the wise men too? Wow, that would be really awesome, I wish I got to see them that would be really cool..." Modern day wonderment!
Violets prayer out loud and as clear as a bell as I left their room after kissing them goodnight the night after Thanksgiving, "Dear God, Thank you for my family, I love my mommy soooo much. Amen" Be still my beating heart...
Violets made up son "How about sharing? How about caring? How about giving? How about loving?" Wow, future song writer and philanthropist?
Me jumping up out of bed, and panicking at how urgent she sounded, "What's wrong? What's wrong?!!!!"
"Can we go to the beach on Saturday?"
"Yes sure honey, go back to sleep..."
Caden, "I don't know how to do shoe."
Me, "What do you mean 'do shoe".
"All the kids say rock, paper, scissors, and shoe and I don't know how to do that one."
"I think they are saying and 'shoot' as in show me whatcha got."
"Oh."
Violet, "Mommy, can we buy the Hairy Potter movie?"
Caden as we set up the nativity, "Wow, so the people there got to see the baby Jesus, like the real baby Jesus? Wow, that would be amazing to see because he was very special. And the wise men too? Wow, that would be really awesome, I wish I got to see them that would be really cool..." Modern day wonderment!
Violets prayer out loud and as clear as a bell as I left their room after kissing them goodnight the night after Thanksgiving, "Dear God, Thank you for my family, I love my mommy soooo much. Amen" Be still my beating heart...
Violets made up son "How about sharing? How about caring? How about giving? How about loving?" Wow, future song writer and philanthropist?
Comments