Santa Claus is coming to town
There we were enjoying our beautiful fire that I adore this time of year. Adore so much I can't imagine not having a real fireplace in our home ever.
When Mike leisurely mentions, while reading the newspaper, that we had missed the Tree Lighting and Santa Claus in town tonight.
"What!" said I, "What time was it?"
"5 o' clock," said he.
"And what time is it now?"
"5.07pm" he replied.
*****
Does he really think a mere 7 minutes is going to stop me from letting the kids see Santa in on Main Street?! He had a very long way to come from the North Pole after all.
Mike rolled his eyes as I threw coats and hats on the kids while hopping to put my second shoe on half way out of the door.
Violet would not go anywhere near Santa this year!
While Caden on the other hand told him a list of things he wanted for Christmas and even got to high five him as he made his way to his firetruck ahem, sleigh.
Pretty girl (in her cute hat sent from Nana) waved to him with a face on that said "And don't come back".
| Enjoying his 15 minutes... |
"Bye Santa! It was nice doing business with you!" says Caden.
They were fascinated with the Nativity set, it was so pretty.
Violetisms
Shouted from their room as they were falling asleep and all had been quiet for a few minutes "The Elf on the Shelf is a wierdo Mama!"
Grandma asked Violet what she wanted for Christmas and she replied "Boobies."
I heard it with my own ears when I was snuggling with her a few days later and asked her the same question, "Jewellary, with a necklace that goes around like this, make up, princesses and boobies".
In Marshalls today we were in the lingerie section when she picked up a bra and shouted at me 5 feet away "Ooooooh, look Mama, boobies!" That raise a couple of eyebrows.
That is the last of the boobie quotes. Hopefully for many years.
Grandma asked Violet what she wanted for Christmas and she replied "Boobies."
I heard it with my own ears when I was snuggling with her a few days later and asked her the same question, "Jewellary, with a necklace that goes around like this, make up, princesses and boobies".
In Marshalls today we were in the lingerie section when she picked up a bra and shouted at me 5 feet away "Ooooooh, look Mama, boobies!" That raise a couple of eyebrows.
That is the last of the boobie quotes. Hopefully for many years.
As we are driving Mike home from the station tonight and looking at all the houses lit up for the holidays the kids were all excited saying "Look, theres Mickey Mouse! There's Winnie the Pooh! Look at the Santa on the roof!" Then Violet screamed the most high pitched excited scream you have ever heard "LOOOOOOOOOK! IT'S BABY JESUS!!!!!!"
Much like a teenager would scream if she had seen Justin Bieber. It was very cute!
*****
*****
Comments