Thankful
There is much to catch up on!
Violet came across Caden's old Elmo costume in the basement and got so excited she tried to drape it over her shoulders. Once on she found her sesame friends and paraded around the house not wanting to take it off. Caden thought it was so funny!
Violet came across Caden's old Elmo costume in the basement and got so excited she tried to drape it over her shoulders. Once on she found her sesame friends and paraded around the house not wanting to take it off. Caden thought it was so funny!
Violet, 'Melmo' and 'Eee-nie".
Caden loves his animal friends and I love that smile!
*****
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. The day started with the parade on TV. The kids loved it and it felt like we were there because they were so excited to see who was up next. And the Fresh Beat Band had their own float and you know they both love the Fresh Beats!
| Engrossed! |
As you can see, Caden's hair was in need of a cut...but more on that later! However, he looked very slick rick after his bath while we waited for his hair to dry!
| Mr GQ! |
He was in the mood to be photographed which is very refreshing and so photograph I did!
| Big boy |
Caden had fun making our Fruit Gobbler appetizer. Gobble, gobble!
Violet rocked her snowman dress, or as Caden says her 'no-man' dress, no-man being one of his last, or maybe The last, baby word he says.
Getting a snuggle from Grandma on our arrival.
A typical shot of the kids, everything is still yet they are moving too fast to be captured!
Grandma made a yummy thanksgiving meal!
Oh and its not THE last babyword because he also says 'mile' for smile.
I am thankful for all those smiling faces around the Thanksgiving table but also for my family who unfortunately not able to be here. Maybe next year?
*****
Those crazy people that like to go out and get the deals on Black Friday?
Not us.
His mile says it all...
*****
There are no deer wandering around where I grew up, not even in cemmy park! I still get that little girl excitement when we spot deer in Hecksher Park.
Buzz lightyear was not flying, but falling...with style.
You need a bit more than a breeze for kite flying, but the kids didn't seem to notice.
Violet's always had some sort of crush of Buzz.
I am torn between wanting Violet to sit down safely before she goes down the slide, and wanting to catch her. It involves a bit of a dance, climbing the stairs behind her, waiting until she sits and then jumping down and commando rolling to the end of the slide to catch her. Okay, maybe not the commando rolling...
*****
Caden got a big boy hair cut. It looks like this...
And this...
That's right, those blonde curly locks are gone. I miss them. But he looks neater, we can see his eyes, and he looks five instead of three! Every morning I forget and then give him a big hug because he looks so devilishly handsome!
Kudos to Papa for taking him and bribing him with monster trucks. It worked.
And this is what best friends look like...
*****
My favourite thing about the Sayville tree lighting festival is its name...
Miracle on Main Street
(I really like Christmas. A lot.)
We patiently waited for the tree lighting...ping!...they were on without so much as an announcement!
My flash isn't working, right before Christmas, all those winter evenings with tree lights and crackling fires. Oh I can't bear the thought of those missed opportunities to come! Not to mention our vaycay. I wonder where our old camera is?
Watching the carosel...
And be still my beating heart...a reindeer in Sayville, three of 'em no less!
We stopped and listened to four older men play chritmas carols with their instruments. No one saw the tear that trickled down my cheek. Did I mention I love Christmas?!
Afterwards we stumbled into the house of our friends, Mary and Ian, with a batch of Sayville-made cupcakes in exchange for good company and a glass of wine.
Perfect!
Comments