Hello Pumpkin!
Our annual visit to Stakey's pumpkin farm was this weekend.
Stakey's 2011
What a difference a year makes!
Stakey's 2010
You can see from those pictures just how awful the crops were this year, thanks to hurricane irene. Too much water does not grow happy pumpkins.
This year we went with Uncle Jeff and Jake. I love seeing Jake and Caden together, they get along so well, they seem to really enjoy each others company despite a 2 year age gap.
And Violet was adorable, sitting in between them at the house playing cars with them, she kept touching Jake's arm to get his attention and smiling at him!
Caden enjoyed a big ear of yummy fresh corn.
And we embarked on our hay ride.
| The boys |
| The girls |
Caden was super excited about it since we were being pulled by a huge tractor.
| He kept waving at me, all excited |
Last year Violet was too small for Daddy's shoulders and Caden was just right, this year Caden is too big for Daddy's shoulders and Violet is just right!
| Pull! |
| Push! |
| Peekaboo! |
She tried to get away with stealing someone's loot, but it was too heavy for any real swiping!
I'm telling you, these two are true friends!
Violet doesn't mind getting her hands dirty, like her Mummy, and not like her Daddy!
Try as I might I cannot get a picture of the two of them together! It's almost impossible!
| My beautiful little pumpkin! |
What a fun afternoon!
Comments