'The animal zoo'

Daddy was away on a conference last Saturday so after lunch at Burger King (shh!), I took the kids to one of our favourite places, the Ecology Center (or  as Caden says 'the animal zoo').

Caden loves feeding the goats!



My handsome little man



Violet missed the animals!


What an adorable piggy


And there is a rock that is just the perfect height for a self-timer picture!


Finally Violet woke to join us at the playground


She looked as cute as a button!


I have been busy making some new hair clips and if she is distracted enough I can snap one in, if only for a few seconds!


Caden has upgraded from the baby swings


*****

Nothing more fun than painting a big ole' pumpkin! I love the concentration face!


A masterpiece! Later when it was dry he decorated it with scary stickers.



Daddy came back on the Saturday night and it was lovely to see the love between these three the next morning.


But especially this little one! While he was away she was extra clingy with me and I think it was because she missed her Daddy.


She spent most of Sunday morning just like this...


Violet has decided she really likes Thomas trains quite a lot too!



Caden's 'scary mask'!


On a chilly Friday morning Daddy had an important call and the boys were having the times of their lives (his best friend was here) which generally involves a lot of noise so we went outside fast. This is the reason Violet shoes don't really match with her outfit and she has odd socks on!


Last Sunday morning Mike took the kids outside while I cleaned up. After 15 minutes I glanced out the kitchen window to see Violet sitting down at the top of the slide and screaming with glee as she went down alone while the boys threw a football! Daddy was surprised to learn that usually spot her! She was having the time of her life without anyone standing over her and since then she thinks she is a big girl and she can keep up with the big boys! Thanks Daddy! :)



"I'll never let go Jack, I'll never let go!"


And in the spirit of Halloween I present...the headless horseman  slide girl!


A few Cadenism's of late:

Leading Violet out of the room holding both of her hands "Look Mama, we are dancing like princesses! We're doing the ballet!"

Caden tonight, "I have a great game to play, Mummy and Violet, you're the spider men. I'll be the jumper. And Daddy, you talk on the phone" (Daddy wasn't even on the phone but sitting right next to us!)

Then 5 minutes later, "Now in this game I am still the jumper and Mummy and Violet you can be riding in the fire engine, and Daddy, you can read the newspaper."

Completely out of nowhere one morning, "Mama, Violet used to be in your belly and now she's out," he sighs and rolls his eyes and changes to a quiet tone of voice..."and now we have to buy her A LOT of pajamas!"

Comments

Auntie Jem said…
Love it. Love pictures of them both - they are just too cute! Growing each day and I cannot wait to see them again!
My fave from this update:
Well, Can I have two?
1) Violet hugging Daddy on the return from his trip and my fave
2) "Look Mama, we are dancing like princesses! We're doing the ballet!"

Love them xxxx

Popular Posts