Muddy Puddles
On our way out to run some errands one day last week it was raining pretty heavy and Caden said "I want to jump in muddy puddles like Peppa Pig Mama!" And who am I to refuse? It sounded like fun. So I promised him that after we had ran our errands I would put Violet down for her nap and we would dig out his wellies.
There is something about rain that I love, I think it reminds me of home. But even when I was home I remember loving it. Walking to the bus stop at 7am to catch the 431 to uni wasn't the same unless it was raining. My Mum would be waving a 'brolly' for me to take on my way out the door but I preferred the hood on my winter jacket to an umbrella. Its not the same if you don't actually get wet!
Down get me wrong, there is a time and a place for rain, namely fall and winter. But I can't resist a summer rain shower either.
Our neighbours have the most ridiculous puddles at the edge of their driveway. It was too temping for our small fry.
You might say he had fun!
Caden enjoying the the rain under the old oak trees of our street...
One of our neighbours drove by slowly, smiling at all the fun he was having.
Another neighbour drove by and looked at me like I was crazy for being outside in a downpour with my offspring.
But Caden had so much fun! And you can bet those wellies were full to the brim of 'muddy puddle' by the time we got home!

Comments