Violet's Birthday

We started Violet's Birthday day with a Ladybug Festival at a local flower house. Violet wore her new ladybug dress of course! Then each child got a dixie cup full of ladybugs to release, Caden and I walked away from the desk with about 20 ladybugs climbing up our arms out of the the cups, thankfully he found it really funny and said it tickled while pretended I wasn't freaked out.

We found a nice area of the greenhouse and let them crawl and fly off into the flowers. Violet was very interested in the little critters and watched them scamper off with deep interest and her head about 2 inches away from them! We then headed to the craft table and they each decorated a crown, Caden's was splattered with black paint and Violets was adorned with foam flower stickers. They were made to fit perfectly and Violet's was perfect with it being her birthday and all, I imagined adding a number 1 when we got home. But not only did I realise the memory stick missing from the camera on arrival, I also lost the crowns!! I rested the buggers on the roof of the car while I got the kids in because Caden's was still wet and I didn't realise I had forgotten to remove them from the roof until we got home...

So no pictures OR crowns!!
However I did steal this from the website!

When we got home we realised we had taken a little friend home with us!
Then, after she woke up from her morning nap still in the carseat with sweaty hair, it was time for Violet to open her gifts!

Violet loved her smiley veg, thanks Auntie Kate!

And Baby Stella off Daddy and I was a huge hit and it wasn't long until she figured out how to remove and replace her magnetic paci, she was still in the box!

She loved the cute little birdhouse and birdies off Auntie Jemma and Uncle Nick too!

And it was instant love for Sweet Pea

Caden thought it was his birthday too!

We then enjoyed the beautiful afternoon in the garden.

Mickey Mouse glasses!

Taking baby for a walk in her carrier

And standing in her favourite place

This way baby!


She would sleep in here if she could!

Caden thought baby's bum was funny

Nothing like pouring a full watering can over your dry self!

Like this!

Cheeky monkey!
Since Caden was wet, I figured the birthday girl may as well join him!
New bathing suit off Auntie Lindsay!

Cold!

Dancing to our neighbours loud music!



My little 1 year old!

Proud Mummy!

Love my babies!
And for my favourite picture....

Since her birthday she has taken 'Sweepy' to bed for both nap time and bedtime, I often give her a soft dolly or lovey at bedtime and she chucks it, but she happily picks up Sweepy from where he waits on the edge of the crib and snuggles him in one arm and closes her eyes. Its adorable! Sweepy is pink but his buttons and collar and cuffs show that he is clearly male I think. He is so soft and light and snuggly! I want one!

Could this be any cuter?

Comments

Auntie Jem said…
Ah happy 1st birthday Violet. Glad you enjoyed watching the ladybugs and playing in the garden. Shame that you left the crowns on the car Lou!! You can make more at home though. The kids look so gorgeous in their bathing suits!
Glad she like Snugglepod sweepy. It did look rather cute so I had to purchase it. love to you all xxxx
nana said…
happy birthday violet.lovely pictures lou.gorgeous grandchildren.

Popular Posts