Mother's Day

In the run-up to Mother's Day we enjoyed a nice week of being mostly homebodies, the Ecology Centre with Caden's friend Luke and some beautiful garden weather.

Drawing together

Violet makes some of her first real marks on paper

Just another day!

There was a lot of art to be created. In crayons, chalks, 'marks' and other mediums!

'Flowers growing higher and higher'
 
We use Caden's boy pajama's for Violet as well as a few new ones in pink! She looks totally girly in them!

This picture reminds me of...


They are both the same age on these pictures, ten months old.

After browsing in the children's ailse in Homegoods, I came across a book that melted my heart. About a little boy (who looked just like Caden) who was growing up, and wherever he went in life, his mother's love would be right there next to him! I thought Caden would get a kick out of the beautiful illustrations of the boy in various adventures with animals...dancing with a bear, sitting on a giraffes back while picking apples, sleeping with lambs and so on.

When I read the book to him the next night at bedtime, Mike, Violet, Caden and I all crammed on the the bed, in the middle of the book he started to cry. His little lip was quivering, and then came the tears. Then he said the book was 'making me cough Mama' through his tears while he faked coughed. This is the same thing that he says if he tries a food he doesn't like!

It amazed me that he understood the sentiment of the book, that one day he will grow up and that Mummy, and Daddy, and Violet might not always be at his side. He is such an old soul my boy. The last thing I wanted to do was upset him, it is such a lovely book!

The next day he saw the book on the ottoman and he said 'Mama, that book makes me cough'. I asked him if he remembered getting upset and he said 'Yes. Where's Mama in the book?' My sensitive little man. Don't think I will be reading that beautiful book again anytime soon!! However, the pictures are so lovely I might buy another copy to frame a few in his bedroom one day.


'The' book!
Last mother's day I had a huge round belly and this Mother's Day we have two beautiful kiddo's to celebrate with. Isn't life beautiful?

My lovely husband had them crayon me a lovely picture with photographs of them glued on, and I got two wonderful gifts!

Mike took a bunch of pictures before we went out. The problem with the wonderful 'burst' setting on my camera is that it takes a whole bunch of pictures at once, so you can capture a smile rather than a blink every time. The problem with that is I have a hard time parting with them, as you can see!

My sweet babies

Caden is pulling a series of funny faces in these pictures!

My loves


The girls

Funny boy!

Violet of course thinks he is hilarious!






Wish I still had the energy of a child...




Later, we went to Grandma GG's who is looking as fabulous as ever and who still won't sit down despite her surgery last week. I am so mad I didn't take a picture to prove it. Grandma and Papa bought a delicious lunch for everyone and we had a lovely afternoon.

Daddy showing Violet pictures in Grandma's old bedroom
 Violet climbed the two sets of stairs over and over, I think she liked the security of the carpet on them. She was so proud of herself! Note to V: Don't be trying that at home!

My Dada
\  I have zero pictures of Caden at GG's because he was too busy rolling around all sweaty while throwing cushions at Papa, Uncle Brian, Ray and Chris. It must have wore him out because Mother's Day marked the first night he has stayed in his own bed without waking up all night long in well over a year (and that's being polite!) (You know those baby's who sleep through the night from 6 weeks old? Those aren't my kids) (There is nothing like dark circles on top of existing hereditary dark circles) Moving on...!

He also slept in his own bed the following night. Although I missed my little snuggler, I felt very well rested being woken up 3 times during the night instead of four (hehe). And I was able to sleep in a normal position without being jammed on the edge of the bed with little feet that creep into my back as morning arrives! Mike wasn't there to enjoy it, he is sick with a horrendous cough at night and grunting loud enough to wake babies to go along with it, he has been coughing and spluttering, I mean sleeping, in the guest room for the last few nights, hopefully he will get to enjoy it tomorrow night! I'm not going to jinx it, so lets see what happens!

Violet and Aunt Jeanie


Checking out the view



 Happy Mother's Day!!

Comments

Auntie Jem said…
Ah Happy Mothers Day Lou. You are a fab Mum. You look lovely in the pics with the kiddies and Mike - skinny minnie!
That book does look pretty sad! It's not what I think is it? Why the Mommy isn't there with him? Poor little boy with the book making him cough haha!! Funny!
He's just like his Mummy, Nanna and Aunties crying at sentimental things heehee!!
Love the updates.

Jem

xxx
Louise said…
Its not a sad book, its lovely! And no the mother hasn't snuffed!! Its about viewing life as an adventure with so much to see and do! And the mother always being there for him. Honestly, its age appropriate!!
Hehe, thanks for the blog comments Jim. xxx
nana said…
ahlove that picture with the four of you.love them all.ah thebook making caden sad.how cute.violet and caden getting so alike now.you are agreat mummy ,jem is right.love you loads your mummyxxx

Popular Posts