Home Alone

Its 6.48pm and one of those extremely rare moments when I find myself home alone. I thought I could get some solid nesting done but you know what? I don't feel like it so here I am sitting here attacking Caden's blog out of boredom (who would have thought it...boredom?), eating organic Banana Chips (Trader Joe's, very yummy) and watching mindless TV (Bethany Getting Married which I even mindlessly went to the extreme of DVR-ing) while Caden is enjoying meat'woaf' with Grandma and Papa, and Mike is eating steak with his work colleagues after a day of fishing (go figure).

So, todays news to report:

I had my 36 week (and 4 days) OB visit yesterday and, lo and behold, Miss Princess has her hand or other body part held up to her head...she is already a drama queen! So, I have another ultrasound next Tuesday to be sure of exactly what it is and if it will cause any problems during labor. I am hoping it is simply a hand and not an elbow or foot since those things could cause me to have the dreaded c-word (thats C-section)!

But on a happy note, I am already 2cms dilated and 75% which is further along than I was with Caden at this point (1cm and 60% effaced) and I had him a week later. However, Caden's head was very low and this baby is still high so I don't think I will be going quite as early as I thought (Lindsay told me the body part above the head maybe whats preventing her from being lower right now, which also means she has the space to move it). SO, lets all hope and pray that by Tuesday she will be complying with the rules of birth and will be in a regular position...

On a more humorous note, this morning Caden was very interested in seeing his old mobile in action so I lifted him into the baby's crib to watch it and let him play with her dolls and such. He was very content and didn't want to come out so I sat on the edge of the bed and caught up with all 3 pages of the chapter '36 weeks' in my pregnancy book. I suddenly realised it was very quiet, too quiet, and looked to the crib only to catch Caden red handed (I mean literally red handed)!

In his fist was my lipstick that he had generously applied to his lips and smudged lines up to his cheeks. Not to mention, one knee, an entire leg, 2 hands, 2 feet and one big toe... I have to say he looked absolutely adorable and if he wasn't so caked in red I would have found the camera but he would have dirtied a lot of things on the way to find it, including me. So I told him off pretty sternly. He was quite surprised by this since I am not a shouty mommy. He raised his eyesbrows (one of his Daddy's mannerisms) and his mouth hung open a little. For a second the it looked like he might cry and a guilt bomb went off because it was my own silly fault for leaving the lipstick in the crib in the first place. Then he instantly smiled, a bright red lipstick beamer, and I had to laugh and kiss that lipstick stained child on his head (since it was clean).

Thankfully, since we don't know when the Princess will be arriving, I had covered the crib sheet with 2 baby blankets that I lovingly 'borrowed' from the hospital when Caden was born for nostalgic reasons so the sheets were safe. And somehow, by the love of god, my beautiful organic cotton Pottery Barn bumper was only covered in the pale pink roses that were intended and not smears of 'All Heart' Clinique lipstick.

Oh boy!

Comments

Jemma Smith said…
Ah bless. It sounds like it won't be long now Lou. Let us know what Miss Ponticello is doing near her hand and hope it it just her little hand being a drama queen so you don't have to have the big C.
Cute about Caden in the crib and glad no damage was done with the lipstick! Would have loved to see it! Hope you are all fine and hope to see you soon. Jem xxxx
nana said…
ha, you wont be bored soon,so make the most of the peace.I would have loved to have seen that.see you very soon ma and pa. x

Popular Posts