5.45am Reflections...
That's right, I said 5.45 AM! It was at this time of the morning that I became so fed up with not being able to sleep after my 8th or 9th (no joke) visit to the bathroom in one night (Peanut is sitting on my bladder), that I came downstairs alone, leaving my boys still in dreamland upstairs. My little boy right in the middle of our bed sleeping on his side like an angel, and my big boy in his 'nursery' after being thrown out by a 3 foot munchkin dragging his pillow behind him at 2am.
The fact I am awake at his hour is truly quite amazing since I am not a morning person, far from it. 9am is the time that I truly wake up and I'm able to take in information. I have always been envious of the people who wake up at this time daily to steel a few moments for themselves with a steaming cup of coffee while the house is still quiet. As idealistic as it sounds, not for me. Maybe its the bleeping of the humidifier that wants its water bucket removed down in the basement that's ruining it for me? Or the fact that it looks foggy and rather gloomy outside my window and not bathed in sunlight and decorated with swooping birds as I always imaged this side of 6am would look like?
Last night was not a good sleep. My preggo restless legs didn't show up but the heartburn did. I ate Tums through the night like they were candy. And although Caden's 2am visit was nothing out of the ordinary to say the least, his restlessness was. I heard him say his catchphrase 'No, no way!' in his sleep at least 3 times through the night while he toss and turned. And there was some giggling around 5am, cute enough to make me smile but rousing enough to warrant another bathroom break. And as much as the air conditioning feels heavenly, it also brings in outside allergens with it, leaving me looking like Quasi with puffy red eyes and a running nose for the second morning running.
But now the complaining train has left the station I can focus on the positive.
1. I actually finished my cup of tea this morning, the first time in months.
2. My nesting is getting somewhere; the pack 'n' play, bassinet, swing, bouncy seat, crib, and two changing stations are all freshly washed/wiped down, set up and ready for action!
3. All of the baby's clothes are freshly washed in Dreft and hung up or in drawers. If you have never smelled Dreft detergent it smells like both heaven and newborn baby. I have to stop myself from tasting it.
4. Peanuts real name that is oh so secret has arrived in the form of beautifully mismatched vintage wallpaper letters that will be attached to pink ribbon and hung above her crib by the end of today.
5. Caden's 2nd day of potty training went wonderfully yesterday with nine pee pee's in the potty and only one accident.
All is right with the world...and the gloominess outside is starting to clear.
The fact I am awake at his hour is truly quite amazing since I am not a morning person, far from it. 9am is the time that I truly wake up and I'm able to take in information. I have always been envious of the people who wake up at this time daily to steel a few moments for themselves with a steaming cup of coffee while the house is still quiet. As idealistic as it sounds, not for me. Maybe its the bleeping of the humidifier that wants its water bucket removed down in the basement that's ruining it for me? Or the fact that it looks foggy and rather gloomy outside my window and not bathed in sunlight and decorated with swooping birds as I always imaged this side of 6am would look like?
Last night was not a good sleep. My preggo restless legs didn't show up but the heartburn did. I ate Tums through the night like they were candy. And although Caden's 2am visit was nothing out of the ordinary to say the least, his restlessness was. I heard him say his catchphrase 'No, no way!' in his sleep at least 3 times through the night while he toss and turned. And there was some giggling around 5am, cute enough to make me smile but rousing enough to warrant another bathroom break. And as much as the air conditioning feels heavenly, it also brings in outside allergens with it, leaving me looking like Quasi with puffy red eyes and a running nose for the second morning running.
But now the complaining train has left the station I can focus on the positive.
1. I actually finished my cup of tea this morning, the first time in months.
2. My nesting is getting somewhere; the pack 'n' play, bassinet, swing, bouncy seat, crib, and two changing stations are all freshly washed/wiped down, set up and ready for action!
3. All of the baby's clothes are freshly washed in Dreft and hung up or in drawers. If you have never smelled Dreft detergent it smells like both heaven and newborn baby. I have to stop myself from tasting it.
4. Peanuts real name that is oh so secret has arrived in the form of beautifully mismatched vintage wallpaper letters that will be attached to pink ribbon and hung above her crib by the end of today.
5. Caden's 2nd day of potty training went wonderfully yesterday with nine pee pee's in the potty and only one accident.
All is right with the world...and the gloominess outside is starting to clear.
Comments