With a thankful heart

Its been a while since I wrote, haven't had or made the time. Its tough to write about our lives now, the children aren't quite into sharing as they were before, "don't post that," "I don't want a picture!" As they grow up there are less funny quotes and anecdotes to share. We are getting into a groove now, for the last couple of years I've been telling parents with little kids that it gets harder, hold on to your hats! We were in the rivalry stage, were everything is a big competition between them and it can get exhausting. Although we are still in that stage, it has calmed down. Two weeks ago I told Caden to get in the shower which usually involves coaxing and me setting everything up. This time he said okay and as if by magic, he turned on the fan, turned on the water, got his towel ready and the kid dog gone had a shower! Floored, floored I tell you! Last night I taught Violet how to set up her own bath, how to set the temperature and test it before you get in. Simple, simple stuff that make a huge difference when they can do such things. This week I have a new mantra "Go on upstairs do PJ's, teeth, select a book and hop into bed. Only when all those things are done, call me and I'll come up." Wonderfull times!!!

Its been over a year since we moved here and we are completely settled and happy here. We were made for this semi-rural, New England with all its history and charm, kind of life. Ahhhhh. That was me taking a big happy breath and letting it go!

We took a road trip to Vermont with our new friends and their kids.








It was beautiful!


Halloween came around too fast, they were Mal from Descendants and a spook with light up eyes. No more super heroes or princesses I guess.


At the beginning of fall we found a field of my favorite flowers staring up at the sun. It seems Violet is not a fan of mazes, although you wouldn't know from these pictures. "Stick it on the list."






School picture day and 4 front teeth between them! Amazing!


Violet lived her long time dream of taking horse riding lessons, or should I say lesson. It was scarier than she imagined but I was proud and itchy. That allergy to horses that I have is quite intense. I'd forgotten. 




Caden had a great season of cross-country.



Fall time is great by so many beautiful farms. 






Once upon a time in a magical kingdom...
I guess the princess stage is not completely over.


Caden was chosen as flag bearer at the Veteran's service.


Book time with a cousin.



An old sled makes pretty porch decor.


Violet handed me a frosty leaf this morning, as the doors closed and she hopped on the school bus, she turned to me and said "its a heart."


Thanksgiving was wonderful and we are thankful for a lot.





We set up for Christmas but in the last two days, all of the stockings fell down and broke the holders, all 4, into millions of little tiny fragments and the day after, the death fell off the wall along with its sticky, or not-so-sticky hook.



I met Dan Brown the author who grew up here. 



Lots more to come as we enter the Christmas season, off to take a walk with my friend. I have to be there in ten minutes and I'm in my pajamas. Some things never change...

Happy winter Y'all.











Comments

Nana said…
Ah haven't you got any photos or mention of us the English Grandparents or of your visit to England of which we had wonderful days out and holiday in wales. Also my visit in the Summer and photos of jem nicks and Emily's visit. Disappointed no mention. Lovely pics anyway. Xxx
Louise said…
Well this is a sad comment! :( As you know I only log in from time to time now and share what we've up to. Summer is a busy time but now that I have figured out how to upload pictures from my phone (I didn't take my camera), I will 'revisit'. Sorry to disappoint my one and only reader! Love you mum xx

Popular Posts