Caden at 9

Dear Caden,

Oh my boy, you are nine now. Longer limbs, strong shoulders, same beautiful smile. You are a wonderful boy. Here are your nine things at 9.




1. Lego. You love it, you play everyday, building new bases, making rows of armies, setting up elaborate battles.

2. X-box. Your favorite games are Battlefront and Minecraft, Minecraft is essentially building with Lego, only virtually. With zombies. Your Minecraft 'world' amazes me.

3. Alex. Alex is your best friend. He lives across the street. I love your friendship. Ben is your other best friend, super polite. You have a great group of kids in your class at school. You have no shortage of friends here in New Hampshire!

4. Love. You love your family very much. When I ate something bad a couple of days ago and you heard me throwing up through the door, you were crying. I had to assure you I was fine, you have a big heart Caden.

5. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, you've been going for a few months and you're really good at it! You pretend you are not a fan, but you smile and learn the whole way through, I don't buy it.

6. Baseball Cards. You, Daddy and Papa have your own baseball card club essentially. You could spend three days in the baseball card store quite happily. So could Daddy and Papa...

7. Baseball. You watch the highlights in the morning, you talk about it, you know all the players, you try to stay up to watch the games at night. You are going outside with your mitt more and more. Mets are your number one with Red Soxs next but still considerably behind at this point. You talk about baseball like you're a man! You love to FaceTime with Papa and talk about baseball.

8. Snuggles. You still love to snuggle at night before you fall asleep. You haven't came into our room at night for a very long time. Lately you've stopped coming in for cuddles in the morning light, choosing to play xbox or watch the baseball highlights instead while you wait for the rest of the house to wake up. You're growing up. But at you like a snuggle from mama in the dark as you fall asleep and I'm praying that doesn't stop for a long time.

9. Empathy. If everyone was like you, we could change the world. You have nothing but kindness for everyone and every living thing.

Caden, keep on growing up to be the strong kind man I know you are set to be, you will move mountains if you remain true to who you are. With your love of Math and Science, I see you working in that field in the future. A STEM kid for sure. You are filled with love and kindness and all that is good. I pray you will surround yourself with good people as you grow. You are a special child and I love you with all my heart and soul. You are a breath of fresh air.

I love you Caden, to the moon, the stars, the planets, the sky and the sun...and back.

Love Always,

Mommy










Comments

Popular Posts