First Day of School for Two

Caden's First Day at Kindergarten

Some big changes happened in September 2013. For one my baby grew up and went to kindergarten. He jumped from 2.5 hours a day at school to 6 hours a day and now rides the school bus. I know... Shut the front door!

The biggest step for me was letting him ride the school bus. So silly right? What if he got scared on the way? What if the bus driver yelled at them? What if the kids on the bus were mean or wouldn't let him sit down because they were waiting for a friend? What if he got to school and didn't know where to go? What if...what if...so may what ifs!

I didn't sleep much the night before, I was excited for him because he was so excited but also nervous, I think he felt the same way. So of course what would happen? We woke up to the worst thunder and lightning storm of the entire year! The rain that was coming down was not regular heavy rain but a torrential rainstorm that was literally bouncing of the pavement! The thunder was so loud and long it must have been right on top of us! The lightning was incredible! I asked Caden if I could drive him, but no, he wanted to wait for the bus god bless him! So our 'the morning of...' pictures were taken inside the house and he was all smiles and just so excited!




Finally the bus came and the rain let up a little. And off he went...



But that's not were the story ends because I jumped in the car and met it at school to see him get off and watch him walk into school where I saw his teacher greet him in the cafeteria.


He had a GREAT day! 

Day two, waiting in the sunshine!


Thankfully it was another week or so until Violet started preschool, I couldn't handle both starting at once!

Baby Ella came for a visit.


Yep Nana and Gramps are still here at this point, left after Caden's first week at school and just missed out on Violets.

Beaching it while Caden was at school

Starting the fall season of soccer

 Nana and Grandad's last day :(



Violet's First Day of Preschool/Nursery School!

Violet, little Miss Confident these days was also excited and ready for preschool. When I told her I would be joining her for her first mini day see was disappointed and wanted to go by herself on the school bus!

Waving good bye to Caden and ready to hop in our car for preschool (yep, this is right before I 'christened' Mike's new Caddy). What? You don't see it on the driveway? That's because it was parked an inch behind mine...ahem!

Mommy made a boo boo!



Luckily Violet had a beautiful sunny day for outside posing!


And posing she did!




Lets go mommy!

First Day!


Making friends within seconds!


Showing the teachers, all the parents and the kids just how shy she is...!!!


The beautiful friendship that never was, this little girl left one week in :(


****

Comments

Nana said…
Ah,she looks so cute on her first day . Lovely photos x

Popular Posts