Violet has been fighting a fever for the last two days. You would never know it though, she is as happy as can be, just tires out more easily. Yesterday she took a long nap in the guest room. Caden and I hung out and played star wars and so on, we had such a fun afternoon, its never just he and I and I think I will make a point doing things jsut the two of us once in a while, he loved all the one and one attention. Violet will be getting it every afternoon real soon when Caden goes to pre-k so it would be nice to do the same with Caden. But after an hour or so into Violet's nap Caden asked if he could wake her up "Why?" I asked. "Because I miss her and I like playing with her and I just love her," he replied. ADORABLE! They are like most siblings, over the last couple of months a new behaviour has started to develop, one which involves Caden getting in her face and winding her up until she screams and screeches. The more she screams, the funnier he thinks it is. But as well as all the winding each other up there is sooooo much love. Soon enough Caden will be spending every afternoon at school, I wonder how that will change things. Will she miss him? Will he miss her? Often on the way home from picking Caden up from Miss Patti's last year they would stretch their arms across the car from their car seats to hold hands on the way home. I think its safe to say they will miss each other.
I hope they will always be close, hopefully even best friends. There is something very special in a brother/sister sibling relationship I think, as much as he likes to wind her up he is also the first to protect her and she looks up to him so much, copying everything he does. Once in a while he will even play doll's with her!
They were so adorable today, I'm feeling nostalgic about Caden going to school and them being split up for, lets see, twelve and a half hours a week. So here are lots of pictures of them just being together.
A built in friend for life
 |
| TWINS on this one! |
 |
| Taking the babies to the doctors! |
 |
| Adoration! |
 |
| Caden's happy stick people make me happy |
 |
| Street artists |
 |
| Doing 'The Ballet'! |
 |
| Expressive dancing |
 |
| Jumping together |
 |
| Silly 1 and Silly 2 |
 |
| Grandma GG would have to leave the room! |
 |
| Weeee! |
 |
| And the parenting award goes to...! |
But sometimes Caden is not comfortable with too much girly stuff. Yesterday Violet was wearing a pink shirt with rainbows, hearts and flowers on it and he turned to me and said,
"I hate that shirt with all those stupid things on it. I call those things stupid."
"Why is it stupid? What's wrong with rainbows and hearts?"
"Well, rainbows and hearts are alright but the rest of it is stupid. Those things are girls things and I don't like stupid girls things."
Brothers and sisters, hey?!
*****
Comments