'The Museum'

We debated going to this museum for some time, it turned out it was one of our best days out. This was three weeks ago and I swear Caden is still talking about it. For three nights running Caden has said the same thing as I tuck him into bed, the exact same conversation.
Caden asks, "Remember when we went to the museum?"
"Yes, I remember."
"I made two wishes there in the fountain" (with a cheeky grin).
"Did you? What were they?"
"I love you and I love you!"
"You do?! I love you too!"
"My wishes came true Mama".
This kid just breaks my heart.

 


Last night he added to the conversation. "Remember there were no toilets in the museum?"
"Yes there were, you used them yourself!"
"No, there was no bathrooms and you had to pee on wood"
"Oh, are you talking about when we went to Sayville and the bathrooms were closed and you had to pee behind the tree?"
"No silly, in the olden days (I swear he said 'olden') they didn't have bathrooms and you had to pee in a hole in wood in a little room".
God love him, he remembered what I had told him when viewing the old out house next to the historical school house at the museum!





We have another conversation, word for word, that is said most days, he smiles when he initiates the conversation because we already know the lines, it goes like this...

"Mama, remember when you dropped you favourite mug that looks like this with the little birds on it and it broke?" he says as he helps me unload the dishwasher.
"Yes, that was very sad wasn't it?"
"Yeah, but its okay because you have another one the same, see?"
"Oh yes! Thank goodness!"
"Yeah, thank goodness."

Once I forgot to say thank goodness at the end and he said with a smile, 'you forgot to say thank goodness!'

Cutey Nana






Just we two

The world is his stage!



Ahhh, what a day. My Dad reading every scrap of information about the beautiful carriages, my Mum chasing the kids around the gardens, Caden saying happily 'I just threw up a little bit on that wall' (and lo and behold he had which made my mother giggle like a school girl), and Violet running in and out of all the little buildings like it was her best day ever.

I love simple days like this.

Comments

nana said…
what a fab time we had.lovely pictures and great memories.family times are the absolute best.love to you all.xxx

Popular Posts