The Sleep Fairy
On Saturday night, Violet fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow like the little angel she is. I then tucked Caden in and give him a hug and said "Good night babe, you're the best boy in the world!".
He tightened his arms around my neck so I wouldn't go anywhere and replied, "You're the best girl in the world. And mama? I think you're the most beautiful girl in New York".
I swear on my life that's what he said! Where does he come up with these things?! So cute and so so so funny! I might remind him of that thing he said, the thing I have never forgotten, when he is getting ready to pick up his prom date...
Speaking of bedtime, the sleep fairy has been visiting our house in the middle of the night every night for three weeks now. She checks that Caden is sleeping in his own bed and if he is and continues to do so all night long, she leaves a little present on the mantle above the fireplace for the morning. My oh my has the sleep fairy helped us out big time! Caden has slept all night in his own bed without so much as a peep every single night! I guess he was ready but was so deep into the habit of coming into our room at night that he just didn't know it yet.
I would like to say that my sleep back on track, however Violet is still waking up around three times a night. Usually she just needs to see me and check I haven't gone anywhere and she's right back to sleep but then I can't get back to sleep for a half hour because Mike is snoring! We bought a white noise machine for the kids room this week, really for Violet, to see if it made a difference. Lets hope we can convent her into a good sleeper just like her brother now is. Perhaps the snore fairy can start leaving presents for Mike too? Or if all else fails, I'll buy a sound machine for myself...and some earplugs.
He tightened his arms around my neck so I wouldn't go anywhere and replied, "You're the best girl in the world. And mama? I think you're the most beautiful girl in New York".
I swear on my life that's what he said! Where does he come up with these things?! So cute and so so so funny! I might remind him of that thing he said, the thing I have never forgotten, when he is getting ready to pick up his prom date...
Speaking of bedtime, the sleep fairy has been visiting our house in the middle of the night every night for three weeks now. She checks that Caden is sleeping in his own bed and if he is and continues to do so all night long, she leaves a little present on the mantle above the fireplace for the morning. My oh my has the sleep fairy helped us out big time! Caden has slept all night in his own bed without so much as a peep every single night! I guess he was ready but was so deep into the habit of coming into our room at night that he just didn't know it yet.
I would like to say that my sleep back on track, however Violet is still waking up around three times a night. Usually she just needs to see me and check I haven't gone anywhere and she's right back to sleep but then I can't get back to sleep for a half hour because Mike is snoring! We bought a white noise machine for the kids room this week, really for Violet, to see if it made a difference. Lets hope we can convent her into a good sleeper just like her brother now is. Perhaps the snore fairy can start leaving presents for Mike too? Or if all else fails, I'll buy a sound machine for myself...and some earplugs.
Comments
Let's hope the sleep fairy can do her job then slink off unnoticed soon.
Love to you all xxx