The Beach

The day started with walking the kids in the double stroller to pre-school, Caden in his Ducks hard hat which I had attempted to forget, and had to go back in to retrieve! He is a funny one! Pushing the double stroller is not quite what it used to be, we have 22 pounds of kid in the front and 37 pounds of kid in the back, plus 40 pounds of double stroller. I thought the 100 (okay, 99) pound weight I was pushing was the reason I thought it was hot but it turns out it really was hot. Violet cried and reached out for her brother as he went into school. She loves him so much.

On coming home Violet and I decided to make brownies which is always a bad decision since no one really likes them in our house except me. Which means I pretty eat almost a full try of brownies in a few short days. The kids tend to like making them more than eating them and Mike is a one-a-day type of guy. I do not have that kind of unearthly self restraint.

She was a big helper...so helpful that when I tried to take the spoon she held on to it tightly and screamed!

One of the perks of being the helper...


At 11.30am we went outside and realised it felt more like late August than November, giving us 15 minutes to get a picnic packed and sand toys in the car ready to pick up big brother. Caden (in his winter jacket and very rosy cheeks) looked at me like I was nuts when I told him we were heading to the beach.


*****

I have a way of taking pictures so it looks like there is no one else there but actually the beach was busy with sun-lovers like me, making the most of it. An old couple in beach chairs napping, the family with the kids in shorts and no shirts (really now, it wasn't that warm), and many mommies like me with fleets of shoeless kids enjoying the sand between their toes once again.


Caden loves nothing more than scaring the bejesus out of the seagulls!



Our (my) new obsession...Babylegs leg warmers! I just received 6 pairs of leg warmer candy through the mail, it was like Christmas!

Her name is Violet and she dances on the sand!


Caden watched a group of about 6 older boys with a metal detecter play 'pirates', they unearthed a giant anchor under the sand! Caden was dying to join in but didn't pluck up the courage to ask. Once they heard me talking to my kids the pirates suddenly developed very British accents!


But he was very content with beach combing although he wanted to brings his 'treasure' home! Its in the truck!




Violet would stay on the swing all day if she could!


Perfect afternoon!


With two sleepy kids to prove it!


Comments

Auntie Jem said…
Gorgeous. I want some of those babylegs for Christmas!

How cute that Violet cries when her big bro and best friend goes to school.

Love to you all xxxx
Louise said…
I know its so cute! Thanks for the comment Jem xxx

Popular Posts