Hello 2011!

Time to say goodbye to 2010, and say hello to 2011. I always thought this decade sounded very futuristic when I was a kid and that I would be really old by now. And perhaps wearing silver spandex.

January 2010
2010 was a landmark year. We welcomed baby Violet into our lives with open arms and her big, ear to ear smiles continue to light up our lives everyday.

February 2010
 How we love that girl.

February 2010
It was also a big year for Caden. Not only did he become a big brother, he also made the transition from a baby to a little boy. From a crib to a twin bed. From size 6.5's to big old 8.5's!

March 2010
He's becoming 'big'. And he loves it.
March 2010
And how we love that boy.

April 2010
And although sometimes he pounces on my lap and says 'Hold me too, Mama,' he adores his little sister.

May 2010
 Even though he sometimes calls her 'that baby'.

May 2010
  'Mama, why's that baby's crying?' or 'Mama, where is that baby?' Or my favourite, first thing in the morning when Caden woke up before Violet, 'I wanna see that baby'. He took a peek in her crib and laughed, 'that baby's funny.'

June 2010
 Yes, despite being 'big' he has started calling me 'Mama' again. I love it!

June 2010
And did I mention Violet has captured all of our hearts? She even smiles when she is sleeping. And those excited little high pitched squeals are too funny! And girly.

July 2010
As I write, Mum and Dad have recently left to fly back home after spending the holidays with us, and with Kate joining them tomorrow, if feels like the end of things a little bit.

July 2010
The end of our relaxed family time, the end of Christmas, the end of another year.

August 2010
But with every new year comes renewal. Time to reorganize and declutter, to get rid of my little baskets of crap that drive Mike mad.

August 2010
And to make New Years resolutions. I am looking forward to this, once I find the time to make them.


September 2010
Mike's is to lose 10% of his body weight. Maybe putting it in print will help with motivation?!
September 2010
 I hope to make more time for sewing and creating, since Santa surprised me with a sewing machine.

September 2010

Perhaps the kids will sleep through the night in 2011? Little pink piggies might fly...

October 2010
Caden and Violet intend to play, laugh and grow some more. Something we should all aim to do.
November 2010
 I'm looking forward to new family adventures.

November 2010
And for making wonderful new memories.

December 2010
 Perhaps we might make a small garden for growing vegetables too?
December 2010
(The birds have finally found our birdfeeder this month, we've seen this little woodpecker twice now, his wife was the first one to stop by, hopefully the word will get out now!)

December 2010
Enjoy your 2011! Feel free to go ahead and make it your own.

Comments

Auntie Jem said…
Lovely words Lou! Can't believe it's 2011 already. Hope it is a fab year for you all. Happy New Year to the lovely Ponticello's xxx

Popular Posts