Such a perfect day...

In fact, lately, all our days seem to be perfect. Whether we are trapped inside on a rainy day or finding a new place to explore, the simplest things seem so much more fun! Or maybe its just the season? Everything seems more beautiful when wrapped in gold. Today started with Violet and I going to the library for a baby massage class. It was so adorable seeing all the little pudgy babies stripped down to their diapers making eyes at one another and just loving their itty bitty baby massages. Even the very last little curled up baby toe was massaged to its most relaxed state. I also learned how to massage the gas out of my little ones tummy, and boy did it work! Good thing she is too young to get embarrassed.

Then this afternoon I was going to take Caden to our favorite park on the waterfront but he said 'No playground Mummy. Animals! NOOOO playground'. And so we went to the Ecology Center, Caden knows it like the back of his hand but it still surprised me when he saw the bearcat and said 'Hi Emily!'.  He was making friends left right and center. I think he might be voted 'Most Popular' in high school one day since he has no problem making the first move to make a friend. It usually involves following a family and joining in with the kids and laughing when the other kids laugh. Its not long until he his grabbing their hands saying 'come on little boy'! I love that he calls them 'little boy' or 'little girl' regardless of whether they're bigger or smaller than him! He made a friend today who was 21mths old and it melted my heart to hear him cheer him on as he climbed the steps, 'you can do it little boy, dats it'. Though, he did have a disagreement with some little bratty girl too 'Look! Puddle!' he pointed out the only puddle to be seen for miles before sticking his elbow in it. 'NOOOO PUDDLE', she screamed, 'Yeah puddle', 'NOOOOOOOOOO! PUDDLE', 'YEAH PUDDLE!' and so on. The brat finally left until some other poor kid came over who looked like the first girl and Caden followed her around saying 'yes, puddle' over and over again while she did her best to shake him off.

Violet was happily enjoying the fresh air, going in and out of sleep. Must have been the lasting effect of her massage.

Then we had ice cream. Like I said, perfect day.

Amazingly I have ran out of memory space on my blog and cannot upload anymore pictures until I pay for additional memory...hang in there!

Comments

Auntie jem said…
Haha reminds me of the time we were at the ecology centre and Caden made a new friend in Thomas. All ws going well until Thomas ran that little bit to fast and a following Caden fell over. Poor little thing.

Jem
xx

Popular Posts