Hello third trimester!





29 weeks down, 11 to go! Or if she's anything like her big brother, perhaps only 8 weeks to go? I guess we'll see...

So this pregnancy has been a little different than the last. With my first I could really take the time to soak it all in, to keep updated with the 'your pregnancy this week' emails, to rub oil into my tummy to keep the stretch marks away at least 3 times a day, to spend whole evenings lamenting on baby names, to paint my toes and put on a face mask and watch my favorite TV shows, to brush my teeth for more than 60 seconds at a time...This time I don't have those little luxuries, I'm more busy, more tired, less pampered. And I don't know how my belly is holding up to be stretch mark free because I only remember to use my Clarin's Body Treatment Oil (thank you Jayne) about once a week.

However, it is just as exciting. The kicks are pretty significant now. And I'm guessing this week she's finally turned from the breach position into the head down position. The kicks are suddenly up high around the ribs instead of down low. And she moves A LOT! Caden was a mover, he would be very active when I was on the train on the way to work and at night as soon as I would lay down to sleep... but Miss Peanut is ALWAYS moving! And not forgetting the wonderful part of pregnancy which makes you feel the need to pee at least 5 or 6 times a night...she's right there with me! I stumble into the bathroom with eyes still closed and brain unengaged so I can fall back into bed like nothing happened but Peanut is wide awake, 'Ooh, is it morning?' I imagine her thinking, looking forward to listening to the morning chaos and her big (little) brother singing to her 'Do! I wuv you, do! I wuv you...' Its takes her at least 20 minutes to stop wiggling and rest once again which is usually when the restless legs start!

But its all good. Especially since...shhhhhhhhhh!...we have a name. And we just LOVE it! We love it so much that we don't need anyone to clarify its a beautiful name or even say anything otherwise! Because this name is a keeper regardless! It may be one we have already mentioned to you all, or it may be entirely new. You will just just have to wait to find out! Life has too few real surprises so we are gifting you one! So don't ask because we won't tell a soul, just wait :)

Wanna see a mini animation of a baby at this stage in the womb? Its pretty amazing.
http://www.babycenter.com/2_inside-pregnancy-weeks-28-to-37_3658874.bc

P.S I added a movie of everyone singing happy birthday to Caden at the end of the 'Party time' post. Love the way he blows up his hair instead of the candle!

Comments

nana said…
what lovely photos of Caden and you and peanut.Love your little write up.As i said you really should write a book.x mummy.
Auntie Jem said…
lovely pics. You're looking lovely Lou!! xxxx

Popular Posts